Meet Mythic Massage Therapy
The Mythic Massage Philosophy
To Maks, massage is not just about helping someone feel temporary relief from pain or stress. It’s about helping them make changes that will prevent overwhelming pain and stress in the future.
“Massage is a maintenance thing, it’s vegetables (not dessert). I want you to be able to live a pain-free and injury-free life, as possible,” he says.
Even if you can’t get a massage on a regular basis, Maks wants to help. After all, pain, both emotional and physical, can build up over time.
“I want to help relieve some of that so it doesn’t crush you. Because I know what that’s like.”
Maks has over a decade of massage experience and over 1500 hours of training — far more than the 500 hours required by the state of North Carolina. He has participated in numerous events, including the 2018 Blue Ridge Marathon (“America’s Toughest Road Race”), where he performed massage on finishers to help them recover from the rugged endeavor. Previously, Maks worked as a mobile massage therapist for Intermission Massage between 2009 and 2010, and he was at Crocus Massage in Roanoke before moving to Charlotte. He worked at Massage Works of Charlotte before opening Mythic Massage.
- Hot Stones
- Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique
- Asian Cupping
- Gua Sha
- Infant Massage
- North Carolina Massage License #17657
- Virginia Massage License #0019008213
- Heritage Insitute: Manassas — Associate of Occupational Science in Massage
- Full Circle School — Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique
- Sage Dragonfly Workshops — Asian Cupping and Gua Sha
- Medical Massage Therapy I, II, and III — David Morin / Health Matters Seminars